Hypothermia Management – CritiCool by MTRE
Innovative ThermoRegulation Solutions
CritiCool’s clever algorithm for Core temperature control offers precise cooling to programmed Set-Point Temperature.
Continuous temperature feedback from the patient enables automatic temperature regulation and monitoring.
Controlled Rewarming mode assists in preventing complications during this sensitive phase.
TARGET TEMPERATURE MANAGEMENT
CritiCool is the Optimal solution for early initiation of TTM, that Improves Neurological Outcome and Reduces Mortality.
Clinical Studies show that TTM is a fundamental treatment component in:
- Cardiac Arrest: According to the ILCOR, ERC and AHA guidelines Therapeutic Hypothermia for 12h-24h has become routine practice in medical centers worldwide For Cardiac Arrest survivors
- Birth Asphyxia and Ischemic Encephalopathy: Induced hypothermia significantly improves survival and neurodevelopment outcome of neonates with Hypoxic Ischemic Encephalopathy (HIE). Clinical trials state that "term or near term with evolving moderate to severe hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy should be offered therapeutic hypothermia" for up to 72 hours
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): Studies have shown that hypothermia induction results in improved patient outcome by significantly reducing ICP and limiting secondary brain injury
- Stroke: Several small studies have shown the safety and higher survival rate of Hypothermia in Stroke patients. Large Trials are under way to further assess the effects of cooling in Ischemic Stroke patients.
The Optimal Solution for Therapeutic Hypothermia
Cure Wrap is an integral part of the CritiCool system. The Wrap covers the Patient in a suit-like matter, fastened with Hook & Loop strips. The Wrap can be opened easily for Patient Care and then refastened without impairing its use. Water Channels in the Wrap grant a constant flow of water to facilitate energy transfer to the Patient. The Water Temperature is regulated according to feedback from Core and surface Temperature Sensors placed on the patient.
Available for: Neonatal - Pediatric - Adult
- CritiCool Transportation Kit Unit: The CritiCool can be assembled easily in an Ambulance or Helicopter to enable easy transfer of critical Patients during TTM.
- CliniLogger: Collect data from the CritiCool, thus enabling to see charts and graphs of the Termo-regulation data.
- CliniLogger Viewer: A software package, supplied with the CliniLogger, to review and record the whole Thermo-regulation treatment. Patient’s temperature, machine modes, alarms, target temperature etc. can be analyzed for post treatment review and training, on your PC.